The Word of God
New Bible Verses

Friday 14 December 2012

Wait Patiently For The Lord


This is the title that went through my mind. all glory belongs to God :)

My story goes like this, before I really wanted to have an Android phone, the reason? for our test device in thesis. I’d almost decided to save up money to buy a not-so-good android phone, Samsung Galaxy Y. it costs around 6k. Then as time went by, new phones have been released by mobile phone giants. I told my friends that I really want to have an Android phone. This has been a part of my prayer requests to God. I don’t know but God was telling me to wait, wait and wait. I know God has been doing something in me to develop patience in me, since one of my struggles is in the area of patience. You know God wants us to be more like His Son Jesus Christ. He is not gonna stop transforming us into Jesus’ likeness but it’s up to us if we’re willing, right? Anyways, my attention turned to Sony Xperia phones. I heard and researched, which I really love to do, that Sony phones are tailored-best for quality photos. Since I love taking pictures a lot, I then asked God, Lord if it is Your will, so be it. If not, I know you have perfect plans for me. I told my brother about this phone. At first, he was hesitant to consider the phone. I told him the unique features Sony Xperia go has, like it’s water-resistant, dust-proof, and shock-proof. Then let’s fast-forward the months, last December 4, 2012. I didn’t go to the office. I was tired big time. So to be productive, I decided to jump-start coding in Windows Phone 8. My brother asked me about the price of Xperia Go, so I told him it’s about 13k at malls, and 10k on online shops. He then asked me to chat him on Skype. But I was coding so I told him later. He was insisting me, so I gave in. We chatted via video call, he just surprised me. He showed me what he just bought, a Sony Xperia Go! I was really happy because I didn’t expect it. You know, I thanked God for it. And also I thank my brother for it. The bottom line of the story I just have shared is what my title sums up. We gotta learn to wait patiently for the Lord, trust Him and He will do it. This is not only applicable to material things but also to our spiritual needs. If we ask God to increase our faith, He will do it. He said, “You may ask Me for anything in My name, I will do it.” (John 14:14) but always remember this, “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us-whatever we ask-we know that we have what we asked of Him.” (1 John 5:14-15)


Enjoy viewing my pictures :)





5 comments:

  1. congrats Say for the new phone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ako pala to si gray hehe iba yung name ko dyan ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one say!!! parang dati lang pinaguusapan natin na gustong gusto mo yan, tapos natupad. God is Good talaga.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ganda ng phone mo blessed k tlga :) maraming blessings pa sana dumating sau at sa family mo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gnda ng phone mo blessed k tlga maraming blessings pa ang dadating sau at sa family mo :)

    ReplyDelete